Saturday, March 6, 2010

It's been awhile....

Hey there.... it's been a while, hasn't it?! I haven't posted on this blog since last year of June! Wooo Weeee.... well, thought I'd start posting some pics again, so that I can jump around between hobbies when I'm bored. LOL! I've also decided to post again, because my Brother in Christ, Jesse is over at Afghanistan and I thought I'd share some Hawaii photos on here so that he can always have a peek at Hawaii when he is home sick. If you'd like to read about his journey, please check out his blog at "Living In Harm's Way".

Before I share my pics, I wanted to share with ya that my Adobe Photoshop Element was deleted from my hard drive, and for the life of me, I can't seem to locate the disk itself. So I checked only for some photo imaging software (free - of course), and found this GIMP program. It pretty much allows me to do just about, if not all the same features that the APE program allowed me to do. So I'm going to be trying out some features on it to see how much capability it has. My main thing that I needed was able to put a watermark on my images, which you can see that it clearly does.

Anyways, here are the pics I have to share with you today..... the 1st two pics are of a plant that was in front of one of my neighbor's house. I love that about Hawaii, that people are able to plant pretty plants in their yards, and it just adds to the ambiance. I used the "cartoon" filter on the 2nd pic, experimenting with the GIMP program a little. It looks pretty cool....

3rd photo here is of a close up of one of the branches of a palm tree in another neighbor's yard... and the last pic I took a step back and took a pic of the entire tree (well, at least the top of it). These were all taken during my walk around my neighborhood.... it was a nice sunny day and no flash was needed.



May you have a beautiful weekend... and hopefully I'll see ya back here tomorrow. I think I'll post pics that I've taken during the week and share with you here on the weekends...

Much Blessings...
Hugs,
Jen

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Great photos…nice to see some greenery, especially tropical plants from home!